Sunday, January 31, 2010

Typography II, Moodboards

Andrea, the one below is the moodboard that I was thinking about with the Jane Eyre series. I was telling you that I thought it might be cool to focus on the men of the stories, make it a little darker more moody. I really like the Frankenstein idea, but I also like the idea of using nature and distorting it in some way to create a texture (ie. the two top left pictures). I like the simplicity of the eye. I wouldn't use an eye, but maybe focus on the men through an item of clothing or something materialistic. (ha, just writing this to you makes me excited about designing a book cover)



Andrea, this one above is the moodboard for the "girly" series I am thinking about doing. I really like the Double Shot book cover. I think it would be cool to do a "cut and paste" idea like that. I was thinking about using block of color to show curves or lines suggesting femininity like the one picture with the white outline that kinda looks like a woman's hips. Maybe incorporate pictures with graphics like the green book cover... I don't know.

So tell me your opinions, I would love to know and I will also bring hard copies of both of these tomorrow to class. I am also going to upload my concept statements here shortly once I finish laundry.

Thanks!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment