Monday, February 1, 2010

Concept Statements

Hopefully this is what you were asking for.


Concept Statements

Jane Eyre series:

Why are women attracted to men? They are so confusing; their harsh, unaffected faces seem severe compared to mine. They always seem like they have something to hide; what is he hiding? Being with him is like being lost in dark haze, brooding, haunted, searching for light, searching for knowledge and truth. I feel lost, I feel like we do not connect. I am angry; he is impassive. Why do I love him then? His harsh exterior, his murky mood, but I am drawn to him like a fly to a bright light in the darkness. There is something there, something human about him, and somehow I have the desire to find it even if I fail.

All you need is love? That can’t be possible. Love does not heal wounds of deceptiveness and malice. I feel lost without her though. My life is dark, my face is dark; I do not feel complete. But, I hate her; I hate her for leaving me, for making me feel this way. She leaves me, his misjudges me, and now I am gone. I sit alone in the dark, thinking, asking, what happened? Her memory seems to fade ever more each day. I must find her. I must bring her back. I am nothing without her, but she makes me feel so empty, so cold. I need her. I love her. She will come for me.

Nicholson series:

Ohmygiddyygosh!!!!! Does he like me? Does he notice me? He is such a part of my world. I need consultation. Yes? No? Maybe? What he needs is to break up with that one girl. Find me. And Voila! Maybe I should say something to him…but what? Should I talk about the weather? Or what he is wearing, or food…no that would make me sound like a fatty. Which reminds me, I need to stop eating for the dance next month. Oh the dance, if I could only go with him. If he could only see me the way I see him. What am I going to do? Oh, he is coming over! I need to check my make-up…

Love, love love. I think I love him. I must love him. We haven’t talked but I do; I know it that I do. Love. Oh love. I talked to my friends. We are getting together soon to converse about the subject. Everyone has a boyfriend, except me. But soon, I think, soon, he will look at me and see stars. “How have I been living without you all of my life?” he will coo to me. Softly whispering into my ear; we are connected. Oh, look at the time! I need to put make-up on and meet the dang! Man, prepare to meet woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment