Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Responding to the Visual Concepts Article

After finally reading this document all of the way through, I have come to the conclusion that graphic design is more than what I thought it was. For the public, graphic design might seem an easy job to do, but with the more information I have about graphic design and the ideas behind it, I can tell it is more than just an easy job.

Graphic design deals not only with symbols, but it also deals with icons, index, and other forms of communication. And with all of these different ways of interpreting a design, the viewer can get different ways of interpreting the design. Communication is crucial to graphic design. If the design does not convey a message to the public, then it has not done its job. The most important job a designer needs to do is to communicate with their viewers. This can be done is many different creative ways, but when it comes down to the basics, it has to deal with communicating the bigger idea behind the design. Noise is something that could interfere with this communication process, but with clear and decipherable ideas, the designer should be able to get the point across.

I have learned that I have a lot more learning about graphic design and I am excited to take on this journey through the next three years and the years to come after.

No comments:

Post a Comment