Saturday, March 6, 2010

Final Flight Poster

Final Poster

Project Description:

Establishing order: Graphic design often relies on typography to communicate order, information, and systems. The goal of this project is to make things easy to read, navigate and understand. As you learned in typography one, the foundation for creating an clear informational structure is a a strong typographic hiearchy. Type size, wieght, and color are the the first steps. Graphic elements (lines, arrows, grids) and page structure are often used to aid in establishing a clear hierarchy.

Overview:

Overall, I enjoyed this project. It went pretty quickly but I am happy with what I have to show for it. The first week was tough because what I was doing was not what I should have been doing. Ultimately, though, it did get me to my final project that I like a lot. I think it does look like a blueprint of the airplane, and I like the fact that I didn't even use an airplane for the timeline.

If I could change anything, I most likely would say that I would want more time, but somehow I feel like if I had more time on it, it might get worse? There is only so much you can do with a timeline and I feel like mine has reached its peak here. If I had more time, I would have overworked it. Simplicity is key.

I liked the fact that we all had a choice on what we wanted to do. I liked the fact that the topics of the timeline were all so very different that I know everyone is going to have a different design for their timeline. I also liked the fact that we have the option of doing a poster or an accordion book. Though I really wanted to make an accordion book, I feel like my design works better as a poster.

If I could do this again, I wouldn't change anything because I learned a lot and I do feel like I developed as a designer. I didn't use someone else's picture! I didn't need to steal a picture! yay! That was one of Bruce Mau's rules that I needed to work at and I feel like this project showed me that I can do a good design without utilizing a Google image.

No comments:

Post a Comment