Saturday, March 6, 2010

Refined Poster for Typography Process Book



The first idea I worked with is trying to use the accordion book idea. I wanted to see if I could somehow find a way to use my tracing paper with this project. I learned how to print on it and I thought it looked really good.



This would be the regular paper that I print on and the tracing paper would have the dates on it and that would outline the plane. I like that idea of using layers a lot.



The next images are poster ideas.






The problem with these posters were where to place the dates. The dates are easy enough to follow until I put the rest of the dates on the other plane. It was also noted that they were way to busy. No hierarchy and no one knows where to start on the plane.

I did think about make using only one plane and putting the dates around it. So I did that.



And then I thought, well, why do I have to have that plane in the middle? Could it be a negative image that the text makes? So I took out the plane.


And amazingly, I liked it better without the plane than with. I guess less is more! ha! I showed all of these posters to my small group and they agreed with me. But, they didn't like the colors (or lack there of) I was using. They suggested a blueprint idea where the whole thing is blue and the type is white. I really liked the idea and that is where I found my final poster idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment